Thursday, February 24, 2011

Handicap (4) – Accessorize

I knew the day would come where I'd have to exchange my homely baggy-clothes-and no-bra style for a more publicly acceptable outfit. Admittedly, for the past 4 weeks my style has been dictated mercilessly by function over form (sometimes to the extend of no form at all...).

People who know me know that my taste can do better than sleeveless shirts and shorts. But, simply because my taste had a whim for fashion, my arms wouldn't necessarily be able to perform the task of dressing myself properly!

Now I wouldn't go as far as calling a bra a fashion statement... but please, all you female readers out there, hold one of your arms on your stomach and try to put on a bra. Guys, after you are done laughing at your girlfriends, try it yourself. For the fun of it!


Buttons, zippers, hooks, belts - all those cute little accessories become a serious threat to your being on time for a meeting!

Your hairband becomes your best friend - to keep non-compliant hair from constantly falling into your eyes. Because, tying it in the back is a task to be mastered in another 2 weeks (that's when your stiff joints will hopefully loosen up again and you can actually move your arm behind your head).

Hook earrings are just... beautiful! Because, they don't require two hands to put them on! (I'm just so happy that on Philippines' beaches shell and bead earrings sell 5 pairs for 2 dollars! I have plenty of inventory!)

Oh, and while you are shopping for earrings, make sure you get the matching necklace - long enough to easily wrap around your neck a couple of times!

Anyway, no matter how good the camouflage or fashionable distraction. Everybody will notice the bulky skin colored bandage on your wrist immediately. That's a tough one to accessorize...

No comments:

Post a Comment