Monday, April 4, 2011

Conti Running Day

My intention was not to join this year's Continental Running competition, I swear! But what can I say? Once I sniffed the wind of competition I couldn't help it but start running despite my broken arm. I had a title to defend, after all!

I managed to be the first to finish in the Women's Division A (age 20 to 30, take your guess) and take home the 1st Placer medal again!

The "Conti Running Day and Family Get Together" is an early-bird event! A 6am registration ensures a 7am start for the 3km run within the Light Industry & Science Park (LISP) in Calamba, south of Manila. That's the time when the temperature is more or less bearable!

Besides usual entertainment features - plenty of food and an ever crowded photo booth - this year's event surprised with an incredible marching band. Kids aged 7 to 12 from the nearby elementary school delighted the runners (and eaters) with a 20 minute dance and music performance. They even played the German Anthem on their xylophones. Wow! This alone was worth getting up at 5am on a Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment