Sunday, June 27, 2010

World Cup 2010 (3) - Germany vs. England


"Germany is playing England soon here in Bloem! It's amazing. Wish you were here. Alma"

Yes, me too! I wished I could have been in Bloemfontain, my home for 6 months, for this amazing match! Both team where fighting hard in this knock-out round. Luckily, we were able to watch the match at a more reasonable time here in Manila.

The reason Germany won was clear: massive German support extended from our couch! My sister and a good friend from Germany surprised me with their presence... not just to watch the match, but to celebrate my upcoming birthday! Anyway, watching a soccer match, every voice counts!

My dad, a soccer fan himself, had equipped me with a little German flag. That one swung more than the actual number of goals scored!

What a great day! My sister and friend here, all the way from Germany! Germany one step closer to the world cup... What else can you ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment