Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another Home sweet Home


Not having seen your friends in one year sounds like an awful long time. In the light of today's lunar eclipse, which repeats after 372 long years, one year melts down to nothing!

So, two memorable things happened today: we got to see my friends in Stamford and, partying long enough into the morning hours, even got to see the lunar eclipse!

Stamford, Connecticut was my home for one whole year, from 1999 to 2000. Hoping to extend my great experience in the US three years earlier, my then young and naive brain figured that being an AuPair is the way to go. Unfortunately, the work experience didn't turn out to be all good. Fortunately, I entered a close-knit network of friends which made my stay not just bearable but memorable.

Luis is one of them. Today, passing by the old clubs with new names we reminisce the good old days! The days when we danced until the verge of collapse, the 3am breakfasts in the old Curley's Diner, or the all night cook outs with friends at the rooftop apartment he still rents.

Visiting my friends in Stamford feels like coming home. Another one of my homes, proofing that home can be anywhere geographically. At the end, it is the people who you are with that make you feel at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment