Sunday, December 19, 2010

Long distance long time friendship

I remember Patti's 'Sweet 16' Party. That was in March 1997 during my first trip to the US. I was an exchange student and for three weeks, I was able to explore the 'American way of Life'. During this first exposure trip, I caught the very infectious travel bug (which still keeps me wandering around the globe).

My friendship with Patti was the other great thing that came out of this simple school exchange. And, a unique one, too. Apparently, Patti and I are the only two 'host sisters' of this exchange program who are still in touch with each other. I can't believe we know each other for almost 14 years now!

Distance (USA, Philippines, Germany) and life (work, school, and other fun-disturbing commitments) limit our visits to once a year or worse.

Patti and her husband Ari made it possible for us to meet for a couple of hours today. They drove all the way from Philadelphia to Lincroft, New Jersey! Time is always too short though! The conversation never stalls and after Pizza and dessert, there are still too many unfinished topics on our catch-up list. There is always next year... and social media. See you on FB!

No comments:

Post a Comment